Monday, March 23, 2009

Cashier, Ditch Digger, Whatever

I have to admit I get the same responses as Courtney when I tell people we're not finding out the sex of our baby, the color of the baby's room, and the fact we wouldn't dress our child in exclusively pink or blue even if we did know the sex: utter disbelief.

But honestly, dressing a little girl in pink all the time is silly. It's a baby, not an Easter Egg. I give two examples for your review:
1) Pink Baby
2)Non-pink Baby
Baby 2 is way more fun. Everybody knows it.
We also get quite a lot of flack for not having the ultrasound tech tell us what the sex of the baby is going to be. Well, see above. If everyone knew we were having a girl, we'd have 368 pink outfits, 48 pink blankets, and a room full of pink toys, in an ORANGE room. That would be just super, now wouldn't it?
Lastly, I would like to give my wife a little advice when people seem flabbergasted by her decision to not eat everything in sight and gain 80 lbs, or to have an Orange room, or not find out the sex of the parasite. I'll give it in scene format:
Scenario One, You're Not finding Out?
Cashier, Ditchdigger, etc: "What are ye havin?"
Courtney: "A baby"
Cashier, Ditchdigger, etc: "I mean a boy or a girl."
Courtney: "Don't know, it's not out yet."
Cashier, Ditchdigger, etc: "Well, you can find out before hand!"
Courtney: "We decided to be suprised, maybe a sack of money will fall out instead! Wouldn't that be a great suprise?!"
Cashier, Ditchdigger, etc: "I couldn't imagine not finding out..."
Courtney:"Yes, but then again you work a cash register/shovel all day, I'm betting there are TONS of things you couldn't imagine."
Scenario Two, You're Too Skinny!
Cashier, Ditchdigger, etc: "How far along are you?"
Courtney: "I was almost checked out and headed home"
Cashier, Ditchdigger, etc: "I mean with the baby."
Courtney: "Oh, 24 weeks."
Cashier, Ditchdigger, etc: "What, you're WAY too skinny, you need to eat."
Courtney: "Well, I sent some pictures in and I've been hoping Victoria's Secret will call me next week for their catalogue. When they call I don't want to be all, you know... fat."

2 comments:

  1. Stephen...you are hilarious! We miss y'all and need to see you soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You need to update your blog STAT. or upgrade it. lemme lemme upgrade ya grade ya (upgrade in yo teef)

    ReplyDelete